Thursday 28 February 2008

Ive had a response...

After emailing my local MP around 5 weeks ago, I have had a reply in the form of an official letter from her through the House of Commons, which states:

Dear Mr Watson,
Thank you for your recent emails concerning the problems you have been experiencing with the Security Industry Authority (SIA). I apologise for the delay in replying.

I appreciate the importance of this issue, and I understand your frustration at being unable to receive a satisfactory response from the SIA.

I have therefore written on your behalf to Mike Wilson, Chief Executive of the SIA, and Meg Hillier MP, Parlimentary Under Secretary of State for Identity at the Home Office, and I will write to you again when I receive a reply.

With regard to the problems you have experienced updating your address details, I have had success contacting the SIA on similar problems in the past, and would be happy to do so on your behalf. Please contact my constituency office if you would like me to make any such representations.

Yours sincerely
Helen Goodman


Step one - Make local MP aware: Complete

Step two - Make a difference: Pending

No comments: